[yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft Ships 2U dual 1 GHz G4 with YDL & Mac OS X: Press Release 12 March 2002

Subject: [yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft Ships 2U dual 1 GHz G4 with YDL & Mac OS X: Press Release 12 March 2002
From: Kai Staats (kstaats@terrasoftsolutions.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 12:55:30 MST

DUAL 1 GHZ - GVS 9000 2U RACK SYSTEM WITH YDL & MAC OS X

Loveland, Colorado -- 12 March 2002 -- Terra Soft Solutions, Inc., the leading developer of integrated PowerPC Linux solutions announces shipment of a dual GHz G4 cluster node/server/workstation in a GVS 9000 2U Rack System with Yellow Dog Linux 2.2 and Mac OS X pre-installed.

The GVS 9000 Rack System uses Apple G4 technology to provide the same, powerful dual 1 GHz CPUs, gigabit ethernet, fast bus, FireWire, and disk I/O that ships with current Apple Macintosh G4 towers.

As demonstrated at http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,50454,00.html form-factor and performance have become increasingly important in modern server and HPC systems. "Place an Apple dual G4 into a GVS 9000, ship with the best PPC operating systems available, and you've got something powerful," states Kai Staats, CEO Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.

Jano Avanessian with GVS-Grande Vitesse Systems states, "We are excited to have Terra Soft as a partner. With in-roads to DoE Labs, the Department of Defense, Kennedy Space Center, and a reputation for a high-quality, we believe we will together move Apple technology into arenas currently untouched."

        CPUs: dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 w/AltiVec.
        Memory: 1 GB PC-133 SDRAM - 2 DIMMs.
        Storage: 80 GB IDE drive.
        Removable: DVD-RW Super Drive.
        Communications: Gigabit, FireWire, USB.
        Video Card: ATI Radeon 7500 dual.
        Expansion: single 64/66 PCI slot.
        Chassis: GVS 9000 2U Rack System.
        Keyboard & Mouse: Apple USB.
        Operating System: YDL & Mac OS X pre-installed.
        Warranty Service Plan: GVS One year - Hardware.

Available now from http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/store/ in the Hardware section --for just $3,839.00 + Shipping. Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc. is a leading developer of innovative technologies and provider of integrated HPC solutions for PowerPC. Yellow Dog Linux, the flagship product, has boosted viability of Linux on PowerPC microprocessors. Black Lab provides an HPC node creation and management suite, designed to work with a number of PowerPC platforms, including Macintosh and the Yellow briQ Node, a high-density PowerPC Linux computer.

For more information, visit http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/