Re: XDM/GDM/KDM setup with Xpmac + options

Subject: Re: XDM/GDM/KDM setup with Xpmac + options
From: Adam C Powell IV (hazelsct@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 11:43:01 MDT

Jeremy Knope wrote:

> I'm just wondering how i can set up xdm,gdm or kdm to
> startx -- -nomacgamma for my Xpmac server.. cuz
> without tinkering and using one of the display
> managers they won't do that and the gamma will be way
> off forXpmac.. is there a way to get this right so i
> can use the X login screens? thanks
> -Jeremy

For gdm, find the gdm.conf file, which is /etc/gdm/gdm.conf. Look for the
[servers] section, and make it something like

[servers]
0=/usr/bin/X11/X -nomacgamma vt7

This is what it would look like for Debian; for LinuxPPC or YellowDog you
may have a different X binary and may want to leave out vt7, but that's
where you put the X options. I imagine xdm and kdm are similar.

HTH,

-Adam P.