Gnome file manager x KDE - garbage?

Subject: Gnome file manager x KDE - garbage?
From: jsnow (jsnow@nypl.org )
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 09:17:50 MDT

have installed several times , getting the hang of the sys...

but everytime i start gnome file manager from the kde start menu

the gnome adds duplicate aliases to the desktop
yellowdog-home -support -updates - developer-central

...and at the top of screen gmc, gmc <2>.. gmc <6>, /root ...
all of which are persistant, they come back at every startx...

even tho when I logout i get a message...
Session prepared for logout:
following apps can not be restored in next session, etc...
...apps not X11-aware...
gmc..gmc<6>

it seems the kde is not jiving with the gnome
do I need to edit xinit somethingorother?