Mouse Configurator problem (PB2000)

Subject: Mouse Configurator problem (PB2000)
From: Berneche Simon (bernechs@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 16:27:08 MDT

Hi again,

I'm running YDL on a PB2000 500 MHz and have problem with the mouse
configurator in the installer or the setup command.

The Kernel is able to find the mouse (trackpad or USB Unimouse) as
reported in the boot.log or "messages". The problem seems to come from
the installer (I saw in the YDL Installer Guide that the Mouse Config
error is sometime due to insufficient disk space, but "df" reports more
than 8GB of free space!). When I run "setup" and try the Mouse
Configuration it produces a core dump and I have to type "exit" to
logout, then I can login again (that's the cleanest way I have
found...).

Did this error occur on other type of computer?

To follow up with a previous message that I have posted:

>2) The installation as I did it uses Ben's kernel but not his
>patch,module,system.map. What is the dependancy of the kernel in the
>MacOS boot partition and the files in the /boot directory? Do I have
>duplicate the kernel: one in the HFS partition and another one in the
>/boot directory?
>3) During the installation, I asked Linux to mount the two HFS
>partition. I see them (/mac1 and /mac2) but they're empty. I don't
>see
>them in /etc/fstab. It will be the easiest way for me to update the
>/boot directory if I could mount those HFS partitions.

The /mac partition are now mounted, so I updated the links System.map
and vmlinux in /boot and the /lib/modules/2.2.15pre14.

The booting process is clean except that there's some "depmod" (modules
dependencies??) errors:

depmod: can't handle sections of type 1245184
depmod: error reading ELF header: No such file or directory
depmod: can't handle sections of type 76321
depmod: not an ELF file

Lines like these are repeated 7 or 8 times.

Can I get rid of these?

Thanks

Simon

--