Sound on iBook

Subject: Sound on iBook
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@hep.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 09:39:59 MDT

Hi,

Yesterday, I successfully (much to my surprise) installed YDL CS 1.2
on my iBook 300.

To first order, everything appears to be working OK, but I'm not getting
any sound (testing the system beep, playing a CD, etc.) I browsed through
your archives and it looks like sound is a bit of a historical bone of
contention, but I'm not sure what "solutions" are up-to-date or
applicable. For example, I tried putting the line "alias sound dmasound"
in my /etc/conf.modules file and rebooting; that didn't help. Any
suggestions?

Thanks amigos,
Andy

Andy Hocker - OPAL/University of Chicago Office: HEP 103
EFI/HEP Tel: +1.773.702.3156
5640 S. Ellis Ave. Fax: +1.773.702.1914
Chicago, IL 60637 e: hocker@hep.uchicago.edu