MEGA NEWBIE

Subject: MEGA NEWBIE
From: David Peers (dpeers@pittstate.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 12:22:27 MDT

Hi There,
Can anyone help me with this. I have sucessfully installed CS 1.2 on my
G3 400. However when I type 'startx' I go into X but I can't read any of
the screen. I can see the mouse and what looks like a folder icon and a
trash can icon but it seems like I have the wrong resolution. When I
went through the X configurator I choose the first 4 resolutions from 8,
16 and 24 color. Was that what messed me up? It never prompted me to
test the configuration like it said it would in the manual. I don't know
any Linux commands to change the configuration settings for the monitor.
Sorry for being an idiot, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

--
David Peers