Display Resolution

Subject: Display Resolution
From: Stephen Paullada (stevep1@primenet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 16:11:16 MDT

Please excuse the dumb question: I have installed CS1.2 on a PowerMac 8500 with G3/350 upgrade card & 128 rage Orion. Everything works, sound, CD player etc.

On install, I checked all of the 8 and 16 bit and most of the 24 bit resolution possibilities. The display is now at 1600 x 1200.

How do I switch display/monitor resolutions? 1600 x 1200 is just too large.

Is there a simple step by step doc or howto on changing monitor resolution? I've monkeyed around with configs and linuxconf without success.

Thanks from a new guy! SLP