Re: Still no CD sound

Subject: Re: Still no CD sound
From: Jeff Ridder (jridder@gci.net)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 10:44:41 MDT

John,
They do have an analog cable to the A/V card. Only the newest generation
machines don't. This means all current iMac's (350 & 400DV), G4, iBooks,
and Firewire Powerbooks. This is part of the reason that the new DVD
machines all use software playbacks.

The capture part of the personality card in the G3's is a Philips chip. I
don't have one here, so I cant say part the exact chip is.

Jeff Ridder
jridder@gci.net
The Alaska MacStore