Re: random partition/mount question

Subject: Re: random partition/mount question
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 23:17:11 MDT

pdisk is for powerpc machines. fdisk is for intel machines. fdisk is
included but you shouldn't use it unless you want to partition a disk
with an x86-style partition table. Such a disk could not be used to
boot a powerpc machine, but otherwise would probably work - you might
have to recompile the kernel, since the default setup only looks for
pdisk-style partition tables iirc.

--
---