Powerbook G3 mouse problems

Subject: Powerbook G3 mouse problems
From: Black (cpa@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 10:12:39 MDT

Hi,
        I have been having an odd problem using the trackpad on my
powerbook. I set the mouse config to ABS one button mouse w/o emulation,
and it works most of the time. However, it is sometimes sensitive to
tapping the trackpad, and sometimes not. The observed effect being that it
goes into button down mode, and I have to fiddle with it to get it to
stop. This is just a little frustrating, since it happens when I am just
moving the cursor around, not trying to click on anything. Anyone know how
to just turn off sensitivity to the tapping?

-christopher