Yaboot 0.6 DL Problem Fixed! Next Problem

Subject: Yaboot 0.6 DL Problem Fixed! Next Problem
From: Chris Woo (chris@modctek.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 13:42:09 MDT

I figured out why I was unable to DL yaboot_0.6.gz properly. For some
strange reason, even when I set MSIE to use MacGZip to post-process the file
after downloading, it just wasn't working.

So I forced MSIE to just save the file and not process it. Then I manually
set the file TYPE/CREATOR to the proper MacGZip types (GZip/GZip) and then
MacGZip was able to extract the file properly.

My next problem:

I am using Ben's kernel to run YDCS 1.2 on my Pismo. Since I am such a huge
newbie, I didn't properly install the shared libraries that Ben provided on
his page. I noticed during the startup process, Linux notes that it cannot
find the proper shared libraries, and I assume this is going to cripple me
somewhere down the line.

Do I have to reinstall from scratch, or is there a way to install the
libraries manually? I have tried extracting the libraries manually and then
moving the appropriate directories into /lib/modules, but all I get now is a
bunch of errors stating that the files aren't of type ELF or something along
those lines...

Thanks for the help!

Chris