bash files

Subject: bash files
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 11:18:28 MDT

Hey all. I just created a new user in CS1.2 yesterday, which was only going
to run one thing out of a cron job. Anyway, when I did a 'crontab -e', it
said:

no crontab for myuser - using an empty one
/bin/shL /usr/ucb/vi: No such file or directory
crontab: "/user/ucb/vi" exited with status 127

This led me to believe that something was amiss with the environment
variables, and that is when I noticed that the user I created did not have a
.bashrc file, nor a .bash_profile file in its directory. I found that to be
a little odd.

Is there some reason that these files are not getting created?

Please help!

-Phil

--

"Today's CS lecture will be conducted entirely through the medium of interpretive dance." -Something I've always wanted to hear but never will.