Swap space, httpd and logout

Subject: Swap space, httpd and logout
From: Walt Storer (walts@harborside.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 12:09:16 MDT

Folks:

 My install os CS1.2 appeared correct EXCEPT for the following:

  1). When loading components on startup, the attempt to load "swap" returned a
FAILED "invalid argument". It seems correct!

 2). "httpd" also will not load. This becomes obvious since I cannot get any
response when trying to dial out, even tho I can setup the modem - but the
details of the ISP data do not appear so I can enter them.

 3). I can't boot directly into a GUI (KDE). I have to enter a command to get
there. Upon logging out, when I leave KDE, I am returned to a command line that
is looking for a speciifc logout command, but I cannot find it nor divine it.
What is this command so I can shut down Linux gracefullY?

 Thanks.

 Walt S.