eth0

Subject: eth0
From: David Peers (dpeers@pittstate.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 14:20:41 MDT

Okay,
I have been through all the books and online articles i could find.
Still can't figure this out.

I installed CS 1.2 on my bwG3. Everything works great except on start
up - eth0 fails to load.
I know the card works (I am sending this email throug it). The linux
system can see the hardware address of the card so why would it not
load.
I thought maybe it couldn't obtain an IP. Our LAN issues IPs via Bootp
for macs and DHCP for Wintel. I have tried both of these as well as
entering my IP manually.
Do I need to specify what type of NIC I have in linuxconf? I don't know
what kind of card it is, it's integrated into the mother board but I saw
a place in linuxconf where it wanted this info.
A penny for your thoughts,

--
David Peers