Re: eth0

Subject: Re: eth0
From: Ron Thompson (rthompson@apple.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 15:39:00 MDT

Hmmm... to date I've never had a problem with eth0 on my B&W G3s. How are
you booting into Linux? BootX? If so, what version? Any kernel arguments?
What does the boot log say about the eth0 failure?
How did you install CS 1.2? If you did it from CD, have you tried booting
with the ramdisk image and seen if it can see make a connection for an ftp
install? (Not necessarily install, just see if it can make the connection.)

I personally have no kernel module or net device specified in my Linuxconf
on my iMac (don't have YD installed on my G3s or G4s currently). I don't
think I ever have, so if you've got something there, try removing it.
  8-)
Hope this helps!

Ron Thompson
Networking QA Engineer