Re: bash files

Subject: Re: bash files
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 18:38:57 MDT

Phil Kirschner's bits of Fri, 21 Apr 2000 translated to:

>Thanks Jim. I added some generic .bashrc and .bash_profile files to the
>/etc/skel directory, but that does not fix the cron problem. Cron is
>looking for vi in /usr/usb/vi. That directory is not created by anything on
>the install of CS1.2. Is there someway to change what cron looks for? Is
>there some config file I don't know about?

Yep. You need to make sure at least one of your config files is setting
either the EDITOR or VISUAL environment variable to the path of your
editor of choice.

Something like ...

EDITOR=/bin/vi
export EDITOR

for bash. You can also just do this on the command line if you want to
verify whether it really fixes the problem you are running into.

Jim