displaying path

Subject: displaying path
From: Sean R. Bittinger (bittin_s@cc.denison.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 18:39:34 MDT

This is a very simple question, I almost feel silly just asking it, but how
else will it be known otherwise, I guess. OK, how do certain shells display
the last part of your current directory before the command prompt sign?
I've seen it in varying Linux and Unix distros, and it always changes as to
which shells have it. If I want to make it display in a shell that isn't
doing it currently, how do I do it? I've seen where tcsh will have it but
not bash, or where bash will have it but not tcsh (never do both shells have
it which is just annoying). Just wondering how I would make a shell display
the directory I am in, because I find it much more easy and productive.

Thanks,
-Rogan