hostname won't stick

Subject: hostname won't stick
From: Dan Kortschak (dan.kortschak@adelaide.edu.au)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 20:27:24 MDT

When I start gnome, I'm told that the address of localhost.localdomain
can't be found since I have changed the hostname of my machine and so
deleted the lookup for localhost, to replace it with one for my chsen
name. At boot something changes hostanme back to localhost.localdomain.
What is doing this and how can I stop it?

thanks

--