Re: no sound using a B&W G3 with CS 1.1 and kernel 2.2.6-16 (still)

Subject: Re: no sound using a B&W G3 with CS 1.1 and kernel 2.2.6-16 (still)
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 23:32:45 MDT

If I recall correctly, the final word ended up being that sound was compiled
into the kernel that came with the CS 1.1 distro. In other words, there is
no sound module for that kernel; in theory you don't need one. I know it is
a bit of hassle, but you might want to try upgrading your kernel and see if
that does any good. Or maybe even upgrade to CS 1.2 if possible.

Jim

Robert Fout's bits of Sat, 22 Apr 2000 translated to: