Re: My Firewall Burnt Me

Subject: Re: My Firewall Burnt Me
From: cyril (cyril.niklaus@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 16:37:45 MDT

--On Mardi, 25 avril 2000 16:49 -0700 Herb <herb@amphibole> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> After reading the "IPchains HOWTO", a chapter on using ipchains in
> "Linux Unleashed 4th Ed.", the network mailing list archive, and the
> man page, I came up with the attatched little script that specifies
> my ipchain policies/rules. It's not an advanced script for sure,
> just something simple.

I would suggest you use the exellent resource for firewall design that's
available at <http://linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/firewall/index.html>,
and read Zielger's book too (Linux Firewalls, as it's the guy who did the
web site, you'll find complete info there). Try it, and see if the produced
script works or not on your system. It did on mine anyway, and wil also
give you another script to compare to!

hth
cyril