Re: The Road to Gone Home

Subject: Re: The Road to Gone Home
From: Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 16:02:43 MDT

Are you going to have theme's for the installer? =)

(I think I'm going to run and hide now, before Dan calls in an
air strike)

heheheh

Kevyn

on 4/27/00 2:36 PM, space aliens forced Dan Burcaw at dburcaw@terraplex.com
to write:

>> Cool, I have a few questions though:
>>
>> Is the installer written in python like the rest of your utilities?
>
> Yes. :)
>
>> How does it work, does it install Y first and then starts up the installer
>> program?
>
> A minimal version of Y is part of the installer ramdisk.
>
> This isn't like X-based installers that are only graphical if you have a
> CDROM (due to the pure size of the X servers)
>
>> What do the separate modules do?
>
> Each module is a component.. i.e.: mouse configuration. These modules
> can be run standalone in your installed system as well as part of the
> installer.
>
> Regards,
> Dan
>
> Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
> Yellow Dog Linux
> "The Ultimate Companion for a Dedicated Server"
> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
>
> Black Lab Linux
> Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
> http://www.blacklablinux.com/

Kevyn Shortell Apple
Systems Engineer QuickTime
kevyn@apple.com http://www.apple.com/quicktime
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"