Re: Kernel Panic - machine type

Subject: Re: Kernel Panic - machine type
From: Chris Ruprecht (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 09:32:41 MDT

I have to look these up when I get home this evening (I 'm not allowed to play with my things here at work. I will provide exact details when I have access to the box again and provided my wife doesn't have other plans ;). The kernel version 2.2.17, the same which came on the YDL CS 1.2.1 CDs.

Best regards,
Chris

>>> hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu 04/02/01 10:19AM >>>
On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Chris Ruprecht wrote:

> I managed to get my newly created kernel to start booting. When it checks
> the machine type, it panics.

What are the PC and LR values it gives you in the panic? Look those up in your
new System.map (find the symbol with the address just before the address given
in the PC and LR).

Also, the kernel version and tree matters... is this 2.2?

-Hollis