Re: PERL module install problem

Subject: Re: PERL module install problem
From: Paul J. Schinder (schinder@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 19:51:26 MDT

At 7:17 PM -0400 4/2/01, Randall Perry wrote:
>on 4/2/01 10:44 AM, Randall Perry at rgp@systame.com wrote:
>
>Is it possible to get pre-compiled perl modules for YDL 2.2.18? Been working
>at this all day and can't get CPAN to compile and install MIME::Base64 and
>Mail::Sender.

Most perl modules don't need to be compiled, so it would be
pointless. Besides, perl comes with a built-in way to deal with CPAN
(see below). Both MIME::Base64 and Mail::Sender work in a proper
perl installation on YDL. You can check the status of various perl
modules on various OS's, including YDL, since I test on it, at the
CPAN testers web site <http://testers.cpan.org/>.

The easiest way to build perl modules is with CPAN.pm. 'perl -MCPAN
-e shell' and, after answering the first-time questions, you can use
CPAN to explore and install.

>--
>Randy Perry
>sysTame