Re: Video/Monitor depth

Subject: Re: Video/Monitor depth
From: Elliott (kilowatt@cinci.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 18:01:54 MDT

you need to run the program called XF86Setup, I think. Maybe its XF86Configurator.
On my intel red hat system, its called xf86config, and its located at:
/usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config
BTW, if you select multipul resolutions in the setup, x will default to the lower
one. You'll have to press some key combination to change between them, such as
ctrl-alt-minus or plus. I'm not sure. Check your /etc/X11/XF86Config file. If
editing that file is beyond you, just post the file's contents to this discussion,
and we'll be glad to help.