Getting PPP to work on ti powerbook- how?

Subject: Getting PPP to work on ti powerbook- how?
From: kerr (kerr@math.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 01:42:01 MDT

Until recently I've been using a cable modem to connect to my ISP but
currently I need PPP. The problem- how the heck do you get it to work?

I tried to use the yellowdog tools i was given. I set up the phone number,
username, etc. I used the automatic search to find the modem. But when I try
to connect- nothing. No dialing. Nada.

did the tools find the right device? What device is the internal modem on a
ti powerbook anyway- I got /dev/ttys0 or something like that.

Is there a simple and recommended way to set up for ppp on YDL? sorry if the
answer is obvious- but I cannot find the recommended methods or docs.

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com