Re: HD Partitions for YDL

Subject: Re: HD Partitions for YDL
deadbeef@mac.com
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 10:24:46 MDT

On Tuesday, April 3, 2001, at 09:19 PM, Leo Zhuk wrote:

> I am newbe in Linux and trying to follow installation
> instructions. I am installing YDL on PowerComputing
> PowerBase with 1.1G hardrive. How many partitions I
> need? What type of partitions and what size should I
> make them? Thanks.

A good set of suggestions can be found at
<http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/partition.html>, or search
google.com for "Linux Partitioning Recommendations." For a relatively
small disk such as 1.1Gb, I'd recommend 128Mb swap, and the rest as a
single root partition at /. For larger disks, see the various web pages.