Re: Second database on-line

Subject: Re: Second database on-line
From: Donn Tarris (donntarris@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 14:16:59 MDT

Stew Benedict wrote:

> http://www.rpmfind.net is your best source for that one. I just did a
> search for ligal, and it tells me it's the Gnome Application Library.
> There is a PPC RPM there from LinuxPPC contribs.

Thank you Stew. The libgal that comes up at rpmfind is version 3 for the
PPC, resulting in libgal.so.3, which isn't what's being looked for. How
would I go about finding the specific libgal.so.4 that's asked for?
Versions is one of the biggest problems I'm finding (or not finding...)

Thanks again.

By the way, I'm checking out your site as suggested. It would be nice to
have the same thing available for the older generation of computers as
well, such as my Newertech G3 upgraded 9500/132. It may just be me, but
Linux seems like the perfect thing to put useful life back into many of
these machines.