Re: usb via PCMCIA

Subject: Re: usb via PCMCIA
From: andu (undo@cloud9.net)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 10:28:27 MDT

andu wrote:

> Here's a question for the experts: I'm installing YDL 1.2 on a
> Wallstreet, but I *need* to operate it (keyboard, mouse) via a PCMCIA
> usb adapter since this powerbook doesn't have built in usb. If anyone
> has any experience with this I would really appreciate he/she shares it
> with me. Even hints would do;-).

With a little research I was able to help myself.
For others interested, most info came from here:

http://www.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/div/iri/Archiv/LinuxPPC/PCMCIA.html
and here:
http://www.ike-dyn.ritsumei.ac.jp/~tkoba/linuxppc/pcmcia-e.html

and I used a stock 2.2.18 kernel off kernel.org, patched, compiled,
compiled pcmcia and that's it.
The only problem is the usb keyboard - the keys are all messed up but
I'm sure I can fix that.

YDL does the bad job of not installing all dev stuff *needed* as
dependancies when installing kernel source as if one installs the source
just to look at it.

Andu