Re: OS X drain

Subject: Re: OS X drain
From: Steve "Loco3KGT" Gula (loco3kgt@creepingdeath.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 11:20:24 MDT

On Monday 16 April 2001 12:36, you wrote:
> On Monday, April 16, 2001, at 09:28 AM, Randall Perry wrote:
> > Guess the reason this list is so dead lately is the same reason the OS X
> > lists are putting out a dozen digests a day %(
>
> probably true, but not in the way you're likely thinking.
>
> Over in OSXland, there are new releases to be hashed over and problems
> to be worked out.
>
> Here -- there's a lot of waiting for YDL 2.0, not much to be said until
> it hits the streets. Once it does, expect things to pick up again.
>
> I know I'm not moving my production server to OS X any time soon. I may
> eventually (or I may not), but I'm in no hurry.
>

> --
> Chuq Von Rospach, Internet Gnome <http://www.chuqui.com>
> [<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]
> Yes, yes, I've finally finished my home page. Lucky you.
>
> I'll try being nicer if you'll try being
> smarter.

I don't understand what all of the fuss is about... it runs slow as hell on
my friends g3 powerbook (300 or 333 w/ 192MB of RAM). Very little decent
software for it, and even less hardware support. I'm not expecting it to ever
see the light of day on my iBook. Only reason I need MacOS is DVD playing,
and 9.1 does that just fine.

--
--Steve "Loco3KGT" Gula