YDL 2.0 (Was Re: OS X drain)

Subject: YDL 2.0 (Was Re: OS X drain)
From: Chris Ruprecht (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 11:37:48 MDT

Hi all,

Does anybody know what 2.0 will bring? I have an ATI Rage Orion in my 9600 which doesn't get recognized by XFree 3.x (whatever version came with CS 1.2.1) - It tells me it's not accelerated, not quite what I want.
Also, although Now I got my kernel to build ok, there still doesn't seem to be support for the G4/AltiVec or the 1 MB BS cache of the NewerTech NewPowr card <sigh>. I heard, there is something I can try with the PowerLogix driver for G3/G4 machines but I have no clue how ... ;).

Apart from kernel version 2.4.x and XFree 4.x, what else is new?

Best regards,
Chris

--
Chris Ruprecht
(972) 856-3891

>>> chuqui@plaidworks.com 04/16/01 11:36AM >>>

On Monday, April 16, 2001, at 09:28 AM, Randall Perry wrote:

> Guess the reason this list is so dead lately is the same reason the OS X > lists are putting out a dozen digests a day %( >

probably true, but not in the way you're likely thinking.

Over in OSXland, there are new releases to be hashed over and problems to be worked out.

Here -- there's a lot of waiting for YDL 2.0, not much to be said until it hits the streets. Once it does, expect things to pick up again.

I know I'm not moving my production server to OS X any time soon. I may eventually (or I may not), but I'm in no hurry.

-- Chuq Von Rospach, Internet Gnome <http://www.chuqui.com> [<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>] Yes, yes, I've finally finished my home page. Lucky you.

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.