newbie Zip problems

Subject: newbie Zip problems
From: Jake Byrnes (jkbyrnes@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 14:14:39 MDT

hello,

i'm running YDL as a dual-boot on a mac G4. i'm wondering if anybody
can help me with getting my zip disk to work properly. currently all
users have access to it to mount, read, and write. however, when
anybody other than root tries to unmount and eject the disk, i get an
error message saying that some of the processes from the disk are
still open (at least this is the error window that appears in X
windows). i've already checked the permissions in the fstab file,
and everything appears to be set up properly. any other suggestions
would be greatly appreciated. please describe any suggestions in the
simplest terms. i'm very new to linux.

thanks,

jake