Running PostGreSQL

Subject: Running PostGreSQL
From: Chris Ruprecht (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 08:00:24 MDT

I'm planning to run PostGreSQL through PHP/Apache. Has anybody had any good/bad/indifferent experience running this under YDL? I downloaded the latest release (7.1), compiled it and it seems to work, so far, with no problems.
I don't want to use MySQL, since I have to do transaction processing and MySQL doesn't support them in any more or less stable release. I know, PostGreSQL's overhead is bigger but I'm willing to take the punch. We'd like to achieve 99.99% uptime on the machine it will eventually run on.

If you have done any serious work with it, any comments are welcome.

Best regards,
Chris

--
Chris Ruprecht