Re: Limitation of groups per user??????

Subject: Re: Limitation of groups per user??????
From: Charles Lepple (charles@ghz.cc)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 09:20:30 MDT

--On Wednesday, April 18, 2001 5:15 AM -0400 Robert Vogt IV
<robert@arborhost.com> wrote:

>> the kernel, but typically there's a way around such tweaking.
> Any ideas? I'm using the stock YDL 1.2 kernel, 2.2.15 or
> something... Otherwise, where can I get the exact configuration used for
> the currect kernel by TerraSoft?

what I meant by "a way around such tweaking" was taking a different
approach to the problem. A better solution hasn't occurred to me; however,
I can't say I've had to do any virtual hosting where people wanted any
degree of security. See below for a possible workaround.

>> What exactly are you trying to do that would require a user to be a
>> member of 32 groups simultaneously?
> Each virtual host gets its own user/group (group consisting of
> user and apache). Apache then needs to be a member of all of these
> groups.... :)

You could try setting the Group directive in the virtual host's
configuration block. Note the caveat in the Apache manual about how this
group ID is used.

--
Charles Lepple <charles@ghz.cc>
http://ghz.cc/charles/