Kernel Compilation on Pismo

Subject: Kernel Compilation on Pismo
From: Chris Ruprecht (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 06:19:11 MDT

Hi all,

I managed to install YDL 1.2.1 on my Pismo yesterday - everything worked but it took me a while to wrap my mind around yaboot.
Then I tried to optimize the kernel to have only the stuff included, I need on the 'book and built myself a new kernel. The make config, make depend and make vmlinux went eventless, also the copy to /boot was no big deal. I modified yaboot.conf to boot the correct kernel of the Linux partition, all that works fine. But it's not booting the new kernel - it finds it and all that, but then hangs.
Does anybody have a .config file specific to PowerBooks which I can use to see where I'm going wrong? I guess, I mess something up in the machine type or maybe the video settings when building the kernel.

Best regards,
Chris

--
Chris Ruprecht