Booting YDL install CD from external SCSI

Subject: Booting YDL install CD from external SCSI
From: Ben Ricker (bricker@wellinx.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 08:17:09 MDT

I have an external SCSI drive on a PowerComputing Powerbase 240. I can
boot Mac media from it, but I cannot get YDL to boot from it. I can get
the kernel started by moving the vmlinuz kernel into the kernels folder
and setting rhe ramdisk to the ramdisk on the CD. The installer comes up
fine. However, when I choose 'Local CD-ROM' as the installer location, I
get 'Cannot find CD at scd0' or soemthing to that effect.

Has anyone been able to get YDL to boot from an external device?

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
US-Rx, Inc.