MOL and Audio CDs (yes, the usual questions but the usual answers don't seem to work ;-)

Subject: MOL and Audio CDs (yes, the usual questions but the usual answers don't seem to work ;-)
From: Joss Winn (joss@josswinn.org)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 00:28:18 MST

Hello,

I have an iMac DV 500mhz with OS9.04 Japanese and SUSE 7.0PPC. All is
well but for a couple fo things.

FIRST, I have folowed the very recent instructions on the SUSE support site
to get MOL working but alas, all I get is a bank grey X screen. I
have been given a molrc that works for someone else (different
machine and apple OS) and that produces the same results. MOL seems
to get so near yet so far from working. I don't get a chime, just a
grey X window. Would having the japanese OS be the problem. Does MOL
work on non English systems? I have been trying with this for a long
time and asked on all the lists except this one but still don't know
what's wrong. Can anyone here help? I am running thhe 2.2.18 kernel
withthe latest MOL.

SECOND, I know there are issues with playing audio CDs on the newest
iMacs so I have followed the instructions at imaclinux.net that are
supposed to get Audio Cds working with xmms but these don't work.
Also, I have heard I can at least rip the tracks and play them off my
hard disk but cdparanoia doesn't recognise any CD in the drive. Data
discs/mp3 discs are fine.

Any advice? I have the latest xmms, the plugins, everything but no CD
is recognised and no tracks show up in the GUI.

thank you very much
joss

--
joss@josswinn.org