Installing via FTP over DSL

Subject: Installing via FTP over DSL
From: Dan Parvaz (dparvaz@unm.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 00:04:59 MDT

Dear list-guru-types,

I'm trying to do an FTP install of CS1.2 over my DSL line to my 7600/120.
In MacOS, all my box needs to know is that it is forming a DHCP connection
with my Cisco 675. When I begin to install YDL and I mention that I use
DHCP, it returns a correct secondary DNS; I don't have a domain or a host
name, since I don't have a static IP connection.

FTP Site: ftp.linuxberg.com
YellowDog directory: pub/distributions/Yellowdog/champion-1.2/ppc

It can't grab the secondary ramdisk image. Hopping over to the install
log, I see that the install program is trying to ftp from the right place,
but I get an error saying it can't ftp. I tried doing an http download
from sourceforge with similar non-results.

Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Desperate Dan.