Re: Installing via FTP over DSL

Subject: Re: Installing via FTP over DSL
From: Dan Parvaz (dparvaz@unm.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 10:54:27 MDT

> you can also switch the another virtual console (#3?) by hitting
> ctrl-cmd-3 (try 2,3,4, etc.) and it'll be printing out the path of the
> file that the installer is trying to grab. If that path looks right,
> then just try a couple more times as it might just be a net congestion
> issue.

Thanks for the response!

I tried that. It looks like it's going for the right path. I think the
next step is going to be using raw IP addresses to see if there's a DNS
foul-up. If not, I'll just find a way to burn the ISO images. My own fault
for trying to be cheap, I guess :-)

By the way, would anybody happen to have the IP address for a YDL FTP
site?

Gracias,

Dan.