Re: Of Mice & Powerbooks--3 button simulation

Subject: Re: Of Mice & Powerbooks--3 button simulation
From: Peter J Muhlberger (peterm+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 12:17:54 MDT

Hi Paul: Thanks to your comments, I was able to get Xpmac running & now
have working middle & right keys! It also seems to have fixed a problem
in which the dim buttons on the powerbook would cause linux to crash.

I have not, however, been able to reassign the middle & right buttons to
any other keys. Have you? According to the man page, Xpmac needs to be
invoked w/ -middlekey [key] -rightkey [key] to change the key values.
As I understand it, & I may be wrong, the "key" must be a decimal
keycode like the ones shown by showkey. I've tried a number of things
to reassign the mouse buttons to opt-g & opt-h in my .xserverrc file,
none of which worked:

exec Xpmac :0 -mode 0 -depth 32 -middlekey 3 -rightkey 5
exec Xpmac :0 -mode 0 -depth 32 -middlekey [3] -rightkey [5]
exec Xpmac :0 -mode 0 -depth 32 -middlekey g -rightkey h
exec Xpmac :0 -mode 0 -depth 32 -middlekey [g] -rightkey [h]

Does anyone have any clues on this one?

Thanks!

peter