Re: Apache SSI Question

Subject: Re: Apache SSI Question
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 01:06:20 MDT

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Howard Shere wrote:
>Yellow Dog installed fine and it didn't take long to get Apache working the
>way I wanted except that I cannot get Server Side Includes to work.

 Make sure that in the <Directory {dir_you_want__tosupport_includes}>
</Directory> you have the folling line:

Options Includes <other_options>

Example:

This would allow SSI to run from the root level (and all sub-dirs) of your
Web space (among other things):

<Directory />
    Options Includes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

 Beware though, like many things, SSI can be a nasty security hole,
expecially the EXEC command (I guess following symbolic links can be as
well). You might want to turn EXEC off for some directories (like user
space) with the IncludesNOEXEC option.

Check out the Apache manual for more on Options:

http://www.apache.org/docs-1.2/mod/core.html#options

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada