problem with 2.2.17pre15-ben1 kernel and visor support

Subject: problem with 2.2.17pre15-ben1 kernel and visor support
From: Robert M (mayro@earlham.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 22:36:46 MDT

well I thought that upgradeing my kernel would be a good idea. I had been
useing the pre10 kernel but after I decided to go through a major streamlineing
of my system I reformated my linux partitions and reinstalled the least ammount
of software possible. I didn't back up the kernel source when I did all this
because I figured that I could just grab a new one. useing the pre10 source I
had everything working just fine. Now that I've upgraded to the pre15 I don't
have any support for my handspring visor. I've double checked that I compiled
the driver into the kernel like I had before (and even tried it as a module)
but it won't work any more. when I hit the hotsync button I get a message that
the device is not recognized. Has anyone else had this problen? I just thout
its stange that it worked with the pre10 and not the pre15, I can't imagine
that much would have changed.

-robert