Re: PowerCenter Ethernet problems

Subject: Re: PowerCenter Ethernet problems
From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme@mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 20:14:20 MDT

They are and aren't the same architecture. As I understand it, the
PowerCenter is a Catalyst architecture while the PowerCenter Pro is a
Catalyst+. The latter incorporating the ATI video and some enhancements to
allow a rated 60mhz bus.

Actually, though, I'm starting to think the problem is not the Mace, but
something more fundamental. (See folowon message)

--
John Ruschmeyer
jruschme@mac.com

From: Tom Tarka <tommy@mp3.com> Reply-To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 17:45:17 -0700 To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com Subject: Re: PowerCenter Ethernet problems

John Ruschmeyer wrote: It's definately not a problem with the physical port. I've actually tried both... both work well under MacOS. The AAUI works slightly better under Linux, but is still useless.