RE: ip masquerading

Subject: RE: ip masquerading
From: Andy Schuler (news.mail@onemain.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 06:10:39 MDT

I've setup a couple of Linux boxes do do firewalling and ip masquerading but
never with a single interface. You'd have to assign the NIC two ip
addresses, one for your internal network and the external one your ISP gives
you. In doing so you have to convince that interface (probably eth0) that
it's sitting on two different networks at the same time. If you figure out
how to do that let me know!

-shoe