can X Fry Powerbook Screen?

Subject: can X Fry Powerbook Screen?
From: marlow (production@magicolor.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 06:26:40 MDT

I tried to boot into the install via BootX as described in guide. Screen

garbled then went to a bright yellow-white. Didn't think this was a big
deal, but on reboot no video at all, just the same yellow-white screen.
The exterior video worked until i tried to mess with the monitor
settings in hopes of getting it back into working order. Resetting
machine, via old type 'pram zap' & PB special 'fn' reset only bring the
external display up to macOS splash screen. I know X configs can fry
CRTs, but had no clue this could happen. Did I kill the screen, is there

a fix, is this a known issue? Help...I've not even used the machine yet.

I just bought it second hand, and had been running cycling tests and
benchmarks all to great result. Then boom I kill it setting it up. Any
ideas would be of great help.

PB G3 Series
300mhz
64 Meg
14.1
8 gig

stock box really..but for those who will have to ask

I got the external video up, the Apple system profiler acknowledges the
external monitor on the PCI bus, but no mention of the PB Screen.