Re: Linux on Expansion Bay Drive

Subject: Re: Linux on Expansion Bay Drive
From: Adam Oliner (adam@rpdesign.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 10:39:25 MDT

So, if I want to install from the expansion bay HD onto itself, while
following instructions I found at
http://www.modctek.com/linux_report.htm, I should partition the drive
as follows?:

Partition number/format/size/function
1 HFS Standard 32 MB Bootstrap
2 HFS Plus 3025 MB Macintosh HD
3 A/UX Root 3025 MB Linux Root
4 A/UX Swap 128 MB Linux Swap
5 HFS Standard 1605 MB Install Partition

Do I just stick the Yellow Dog folder onto the install partition or
can something from the Treats CD go on there too? Should I make that
partition smaller?

--

Adam Oliner Director of Technology Reference Point Design <http://www.rpdesign.com>