Re: Linux on Expansion Bay Drive

Subject: Re: Linux on Expansion Bay Drive
From: Black (cpa@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 15:28:41 MDT

I have an old enough Powerbook that I can use BootX instead of yaboot to
drop into linux. However, it is indeed likely that hd:9 will not work for
you since it is a different drive. For me, the device that I got for my
expansion bay was hde, so for partition 9 that would be hde:9. however, my
main drive was hda. Like I said, I've never used yaboot. Someone who has
might like to say something. However, that will be the same for whether
you use the CD or not, you are just starting up the ramdisk that is on the
bootstrap partition for the install anyways...

-Christopher Andrews