Re: Newbie, rpm/ xpmac questions.

Subject: Re: Newbie, rpm/ xpmac questions.
From: Hollis Blanchard (hollis@amulet.co.jp)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 09:35:25 MDT

duncan.macmillan@excite.com wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting x to go, I'm not sure if it's the configs or the
> fact that rpm can't find my Xfree86 files on my computer.

You probably already have X installed, just not configured right. Try
running 'Xconfigurator' (which does usually take some trial and error I'm
afraid).

> That is i have
> downloaded xfree86-xpmac from the YD ftp site is Mac OS, when I go to do
> 'rpm -Uvh /mnt/ XFr....' in Linux they are not found. (That brings up
> another question, WHAT is the root folder in Mac OS, is it your HD?)

The root level is the first window you open, probably the one with your
System Folder in it. I don't know what command you're actually running, but
you can use the same commands (cd, ls, etc) on a mounted partition that you
can in your "normal" ones, so poke around if you're lost.

-Hollis