Re: the yellow penguin = slow performance?

Subject: Re: the yellow penguin = slow performance?
From: Richard West (Richard.West@DivaTV.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 13:02:20 MDT

Well, you had probably also seen that BogoMIPS are, well, Bogus. :) They're a
somewhat arbitrary calculation that really shouldn't be used as the sole basis
for determining the performance of your machine.

With that disclaimer said, 210 bogomips for an 8500/250 isn't good.. That's a
604 Chip.. my 7600/233 has a 604 chip, and I'm getting about 465.. I'm running
the stock 2.2.6-15apmac kernel from the Q3 1999 distribution..

As a note, it's not seeing my level 2 cache either.. I get the same Bad Address
message, so I am not sure how to resolve that one..

-Rich