(solved) problem with 2.2.17pre15-ben1 kernel and visor support

Subject: (solved) problem with 2.2.17pre15-ben1 kernel and visor support
From: Robert M (mayro@earlham.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 17:46:18 MDT

Ok so after some messing around and a couple recompiles I figured out how to
get my visor working with the 2.2.17pre15-ben1 kernel. I noticed that even
though I was trying to compile the drivers into the kernel they were still
being compiled as modules. insmod didn't work at fisrt telling me that it
couldn't find what kernel it had been compiled for. So, I recompiled again
making sure that I chose to have the kernel version set on modules (under
general setup) and then selected the drivers to compile as modules. I rebooted
with the new kernel, loaded the modules with insmod (usbserial.o first and then
visor.o next) and blamo it works. thanks for peoples replies- they got me
thinking about the whole module thing.
-robert