Re: bash2

Subject: Re: bash2
From: Hollis Blanchard (hollis@amulet.co.jp)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 04:11:33 MDT

"Michael A. Peters" wrote:

> Perhaps this is fixed with an update package, but one other thing I
> noticed about my recent yellowdog 1.2 install-
>
> my user account had no ~/.bashrc ~/.bash_profile ~/.bash_logout

[root@g4 skel]# pwd
/etc/skel
[root@g4 skel]# l
.bash_logout .bash_profile .bashrc .kde/ .kderc .screenrc Desktop/
[root@g4 skel]# rpm -qf .bashrc
etcskel-2.3-1

So I don't know what your problem was... etcskel should of course be
installed.

[snip]
> This rpm was built completely ground up, and doesn't include the
> documentation stuff (though a future version will) though it does
> have the bash man1 page.
>
> It can be grabbed at http://24.5.29.77/Linux_Pages/some_rpms.shtml
> for those interested. It's bash-2.04 and no patches are applied
> (straight gnu bash)

Loss of documentation is a pretty big drawback I think... try making sure
you have etcskel installed.

-Hollis